Samstag, Mai 19, 2007

VOA - Voice of America


The Voice of America, which first went on the air in 1942, is a multimedia international broadcasting service funded by the U.S. government through the Broadcasting Board of Governors. VOA broadcasts more than 1,000 hours of news, information, educational, and cultural programming every week to an estimated worldwide audience of more than 115 million people.

Their Special English series features boasts an enormous archive of easy English at a slower than usual speech rate. The archive has a search function and the topics are varied. Broadcasts come with transcripts and the audio files come in different formats. You can also have the stories sent to you by e-mail.

I use their stories frequently in my classrooms; sometimes I add listening comprehension questions; When the recordings are very long, I edit the podcasts with audacity.

Nobel Prize report on Grameen
VOA Home




1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi everyone
my name is Tom and im completely new to this forum.

I hope that I'll learn and share a lot of interesting things.


Waiting your reply..